[mythtv-users] Need help with migration Mythbuntu 10.04 -> Mythbuntu 12.04

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 21:24:38 UTC 2014

I think my current problem boils down to not having a valid display theme
selected.  I got my mysql database transferred from the old system and
loaded into mysql and the schema appears (from reading mythbackend.log) to
have been updated.

However, when I try to run mythfrontend again (it was working before I
updated the DB), it spins around for a while with the screen blanked out
and then it quits.

So, the question is, how do I tell it to use a valid theme/default theme?
I ran "mythfrontend --help", but I didn't recognize an option that might
solve the problem.

Anyone care to clue me in?

--
Craig.