[mythtv-users] Latest thoughts on small silent frontends

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Mar 11 16:50:08 UTC 2014

On 03/11/2014 10:37 AM, Jeff Siddall wrote:
> They may work great but definitely are _not_ silent.
>
> I use fanless Zotac IONITX (such as the B-E) myself but truly silent
> frontends capable of Myth are extremely rare IME.
>
> Maybe someone knows of something else that is fanless that I haven't
> found.

For me, the best silent frontend is a big, ugly (but inexpensive)
frontend system with fans that's in a different room (with audio/video
and remote cables through the wall).  So it's not only silent, but it's
also completely invisible in the viewing room (which I'd argue is better
than even the prettiest case).

Mike