[mythtv-users] CIR... Where to purchase? (also an aside re DC SdCv)

Simon Paterson simon.paterson.nz at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 09:12:09 UTC 2014

On 05/03/14 22:38, Simon Paterson wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Mar 2014 07:37:49 -0600 Leif Pihl <leif at pihl.us> wrote:
>>> Gents:
>>>
>>> I have an Intel DH77KC motherboard, equipped with C.I.R. (Consumer
>>> Infra Red). The connections are illustrated at labels "S" and "T" in
>>> the diagram shown at this URL:
>>> http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/dh77kc/sb/CS-033204.htm
>>>
>>> The "T" connector MAY have five pins,  and  the "S" connector does
>>> have seven pins.
> Hopefully that gives you some idea if you want to build your own. I'll
> probably go ahead and trace out the circuit for my own interest
> anyway, as this mention of it has reminded me that I need to get it
> back working in the FE.

I had some time to trace out the circuit today, and discovered that
basically all of the componentry on the board is for the learning input.

The 'normal' receiver module (component) output is wired straight to the
'CIR Input' pin on the mobo connector, and is powered from the '5v
standby' pin.

So, all you need is a standard IR receiver module, such as
http://www.rohm.com/web/global/products/-/product/RPM7138-R , connected
to the 5v standby, cir input and ground pins on the mobo receive header.

Regards,
Simon