[mythtv-users] Light ncurses frontend

Ozzy Lash ozzy.lash at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 20:41:07 UTC 2014

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 2:21 PM, Stephan Seitz <
stse+mythtv at fsing.rootsland.net> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> First let me thank you for the hints anyone.
>

> On Wed, Mar 05, 2014 at 11:46:04AM -0600, Ozzy Lash wrote:
>
>> (In reality I don't have direct access to my mythtv backend server via
>> ssh, but to another server box, in that case the command changes to ssh -L
>> 8080:internal.ip.of.mythbackend:80 my.mythtv.server.public.address)
>>

> Well, I have two hosts between my browser and my mythtv webserver, so it
> is a little bit more difficult.
>
> For now I have solution.

Ok, but you can also chain ssh tunnels, although I think I have only done
that once, and that was to run an embedded debugger at home that was
connected through an SSH tunnel to work, that was connected to an SSH
tunnel to a firewalled lab network where the embedded target was.  It saved
me from having to go into work at midnight to solve a problem for someone.
I think ssh tunnels are one of those things that, once you start using
them, you find more and more uses.

As for fwknopd, I allow ssh connections to my home machine from work, but
use fwknopd for times when I'm traveling and need access.  I'll have to
look at getting a knock client for my phone, that sounds very convenient.

Bill