[mythtv-users] Slave BE startup failure

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Wed Mar 5 15:09:26 UTC 2014

On Mar 5, 2014, at 8:15, "Stephen P. Villano" <stephen.p.villano at gmail.com> wrote:

> My slave BE wasn't starting, it initially tests connectivity to the
> primary BE, then complains that it can't connect to its own IP for the
> database.
> I'm on 0.27 Mythbuntu 12.04 with the latest patches.

MythTV always tries to access the database first before connecting to the primary backend, except in the case where it doesn't know where the database is.  Then it will discover the master backend using UPnP, and query the backend for the location of the database.  If the master backend is configured to access the database from 127.0.0.1, it will tell clients to use that address too.