[mythtv-users] MythArchive 0.27 mythburn.py patch for cutlist support (HD-PVR)

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 4 04:52:27 UTC 2014

>   What's the practical difference between
> the projectx and mythtranscode methods?   I'm guessing that the latter
> is the default just to minimize the reliance on external 3rd party code?
>

> -WD
> <mythburn27_mythtranscode.patch>
I don't know mythburn.py at all but I know when I was looking at transcoding heavily a while ago one of the key differences between ProjectX and Mythtranscode was that Mythtranscode was frame accurate cutting and ProjectX was keyframe accurate cutting only. Depending on your recordings that might make a difference of a second or two at the cut boundaries (where you either lose a bit more than you intended or keep a bit more than you intended).

IIRC there was also some fancy audio processing (as a command line option) at the cut boundaries with Mythtranscode that could prevent a small audio chirp at the cut points.

But I'm just guessing, someone in the know will confirm.