[mythtv-users] Sudden audio problem

Mike Carron jmcarron at starstream.net
Sat Mar 1 16:48:46 UTC 2014

Ok, I tried it this morning after everything had been off for at least
12 hours, the sound came on properly and lasted about 30 minutes. When
it died, the settings still pointed to ALSA:hdmi card 0 and a speaker
test was successful. I exited the FE and checked alsamixer which showed
the correct settings and was not muted. I restarted the FE and the sound
was correct and lasted for about 20 minutes. When it went out I checked
the settings, still ALSA:HDMI card 0, speaker test was still successful,
and after exiting the FE, alsamixer showed the sound was not muted. This
time when I restarted the FE, there was no sound.

I'm beginning to suspect a hardware issue, especially since an identical
AD-03 in a different room but connecting to the same BE has delivered
proper sound with no problems.

mike