[mythtv-users] segfault with 0.27.1

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 14:48:42 UTC 2014

Hello again, I receive a mail from xxx:

#mail start
I had the exact same problem as you. Same version on both debian and myth.
Just want to inform you that is possible to stop mythbackend from
segfaulting by turning off active EIT scanning.
I had several segfaults every day when I noticed that the EIT was
involved just before the segfault occured. EIT was enabled on all 4
tuners (DVB-S2).
So the first thing I did was to turn EIT off on all tuners except one.
It's much more stable but after running 24+ hours it still segfaulted...
So I globally turned EIT off and mythbackend have now been running for
3 days without any problems.
#mail end

I am having lots of segfaults:

Jun 30 13:58:16 server  mythbackend[4518]: I Scheduler
scheduler.cpp:2099 (HandleReschedule) Reschedule requested for MATCH 0
2 0 2014-06-30T12:30:00Z EITScanner
Jun 30 13:58:16 server  mythbackend[4518]: I Scheduler
scheduler.cpp:2212 (HandleReschedule) Scheduled 1 items in 0.0 = 0.01
match + 0.00 check + 0.00 place
Jun 30 13:58:16 server  mythbackend[4518]: C CoreContext
signalhandling.cpp:305 (handleSignal) Received Segmentation fault:
Code 128, PID 0, UID 0, Value 0x7f6891ffa6c0

I use EIT in 2 DVB-T USB devices. Maybe this information will help to
fix the problem.

Kind regards.

--
Josu Lazkano