[mythtv-users] OT - Hunting a MoBo.....

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 00:20:52 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 11:48 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's virtually impossible today to find a motherboard that accepts the
> latest intel processors (1150 socket), have IPMI *and* PCI slots.

*and* is uATX form factor.  The Supermicro X10Sxx
series has a good set of options until you get to
the uATX form factor versions.  Same for the ASUS
P9D line.

The writing is on the wall, plan to replace any
PCI cards during your next MB refresh cycle
if you require uATX (and likely even for ATX
sized boards for the next refresh cycle), or
look to external PCIe to PCI converters boxes
(which should continue to work for some period,
albeit at some outrageous pricing last I checked;
likely cheaper to replace the tuner card(s)).

Gary