[mythtv-users] Multiple HD-PVR Blasters

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 16:41:02 UTC 2014

Hoi Jon,

> Hey,

> I have 2 HD-PVRs and yesterday decided to move the one that has
> been on slave backend to my master backend that has a HD-PVR
> already.  I can get everything to work but can only seem to get one
> blaster to work at a time.  I end up with.
>
> [  377.424068] lirc_zilog: i2c_master_send failed with -5
> [  377.424084] lirc_zilog: sending to the IR transmitter chip failed, trying reset
> [  378.082019] lirc_zilog: Zilog/Hauppauge IR blaster firmware version 2.1.0 loaded
>
> Has anyone ran into this or have a successful 2 blaster setup they can share?

> Thanks,

> Jon

Basically you have to run two separate instances of lircd under a
different name. So you have to copy your lircd configuration and start
script to for instance lircd1 and adjust this configuration to the
second blaster.
Do you get two lirc instances in /dev/ or /dev/input ?

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop