[mythtv-users] xwit and mythtv

Phil Wild philwild at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 16:13:07 UTC 2014

Hi

I am trying to determine the best place to place the command

/usr/bin/xwit -root -warp 1920 1080

To get my mouse cursor moved into the very bottom right of the screen.
Mythtv starts fine and the cursor is not visible. I have integrated
Plex into my menu for playing non-recorded content Added to the main
menu of mythtv. When Plex first launches, I can see the cursor. It
does go away when I start navigating but it does half bug me that I
can't fix this.

Plex is launched via ~/.mythtv/mainmenu.xml with an entry like so:

    <button>
        <type>RECIPE</type>
        <text>Plex</text>
        <description>Start Plex</description>
        <action>EXEC /usr/bin/plexhometheater.sh</action>
    </button>

I have added the xwit line to:

1. The very start of /usr/bin/mythfrontend (link to
../share/mythtv/mythfrontend.sh)
2. Near the end of the same startup file just before the "until" loop
3. At the beginning of the /usr/bin/plexhometheater.sh
4. Startup for the window manager in Setting -> Settings Manager ->
Session and Startup -> Application Autostart

The only time it works is if I log into the host via ssh and run the
command manually after performing an "export DISPLAY=:0.0"

What am I doing wrong?

Phil