[mythtv-users] utterley confused

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Mon Jun 23 01:25:35 UTC 2014

On 22 Jun 2014, at 8:00 pm, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:

>> Me no touch, each card listed 1 as generic 2 as itself, I could record only 1 card?s channel(s) the other was Conflict.
>> I created new groups A, B, C and D assiged A and B to card 1, C and D to card 2.
>
> Can you translate that, because I've read it several times and I have no clue what you are trying to say.

First thanks for any help :-)

> Perhaps if you took a step back and described :
> What cards do you have ? What is each card connected to, and do they both get the same set of inputs ?

I have a Dvico and a Twinham DVB card
After install only card1 recorded, everything that would have gone to card2 was marked ‘Conflict’

The Input Connections -> Input Group 1 was marked ‘Generic’ Input Group 2 was marked <something like> blabla-adaptor0
for card1

The Input Connections -> Input Group 1 was marked ‘Generic’ Input Group 2 was marked <something like> blabla-adaptor1
for card2

I then created groups named A B C and D
I assigned A and B to card1 C and D to card2

Both channels are now used for recording

>> This is a clean DB so the schedules are very short and simple. I use EIT (eg our channels change program info 5 min before the scheduled program EIT tracks that, also it works)
>> I record TenNewsAtFive on ony channel at any time, qualified by This Channel, duplicate checks None.
>> My schedules show 1 line to record it.
>> My recordings show TWO news recorded, slighly different times

I agree this is a different problem.
I recorded the Austrian GP yesterday and got multiple recordings (3 !!) 1 was probably the station fool around being preamble but 2 and 3 were almost identical just different start times.
How would I troubleshoot this.

The schedule clearly shows record this show
status shows 4 tuners, 1 and 2 recording the GP, 3 and 4 idle

Again this is a clean DB so there are no left over funnies, no upgrade DB funnies
Should I go poking around the DB ?

James