[mythtv-users] HDPVR died, what should I buy?

Fred Hamilton fred at yonkitime.com
Tue Jun 17 13:54:38 UTC 2014

> On Jun 16, 2014, at 6:58 AM, Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 1:41 PM, Michael Drons <mdrons at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> My HDPVR seems to be dead.  It had a good run of over 2 years.  So what
>> should I buy now?
>
> One option is to (try to) replace the power supply brick with
> something of the same voltage and at least the same amperage.

I'll second that.  When my hdpvr "died" a few years ago, I probed the voltage coming from the adapter and saw it was low and crazy ripple-y.  So I cut the cord from the adapter and soldered it to a USB connector.  I found a 5V 1A USB charger, plugged it in, and it's worked like new ever since.

Might even work plugged into one of your PC's USB ports...