[mythtv-users] Comcast for 46561 Channel Problems

Joseph DeGraw coffee412 at comcast.net
Wed Jun 11 03:31:14 UTC 2014

So, My wife has been on me to get this fixed somehow and tonite I sat
down and checked some things.

Problem: Some channels are showing the incorrect show compared to
comcast online schedule. I have opened a ticket at SD.

Example: Mythtv shows 'Cash Cab' as showing on channel 140 (NUVO)at
4:30PM, Tuesday June 10th, 2014. Comcast online schedule shows 'Miami
Ink' in that time slot. Mythtv shows recording 'Cash Cab' but its really
'Miami Ink' that gets recorded. There are quite a few channels that this
is happening on. I first thought it was a tuner control issue but its
working properly as the channel and call letters are present during
commercial breaks.

I have tried reloading the SD database (grab all) and even went in and
deleted my listings at SD and readded them. However this has not fixed it.

Comcast's site shows 3 lineups possible for my area code:

1. Comcast Recommended Lineup
2. Comcast South Bend Standard Cable
3. Comcast South Bend Digital

I have Comcast South Bend Digital (3). SD only has one listing for my
area (46561).

Can anyone help me understand whats going on here?

Thanks,
JDeGraw