[mythtv-users] My experience with Zotac ZBOX-ID86-U as my new Frontend

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 03:19:00 UTC 2014

Hi

On Monday, June 9, 2014, jk90090 <jk90090 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm probably going to ditch HDMI if I can't figure out how to stop it from
> turning the screen off like this.  Using xrandr works fine most of the
> time, but when I play some lower res video file, pause, switch away and
> switch back, the frequencies are out of wack and I have to exit the
> playback to fix the screen.
>

> I've tried various settings in the xorg to no avail so far.  I've always
> been somewhat confused about the who/what/why of Xorg config files, always
> having to experiment to get things right.
>
> Does anyone have an idea of a fix for this?  I just want the display to
> automatically return when the HDMI-0 shows as connected again.

 You want it to never be disconnected to start with
Check the judder free mythtv wiki entry.

The key option to put in your xorg.conf is:

Option "UseHotplugEvents" "False"

If you want to be able to boot your pc when the TV May be off, you'll need
to look into saving the edid with nvidia-utils
And ust the CustomEDID option in xorg.conf

> Another issue, which I think is actually a Mythbuntu 14.04 issue,
> mythfrontend isn't going full screen, leaving the top taskbar on-screen the
> whole time.  There's a quick fix for that also:

Run 0.27.1; that issue is fixed.
There are other ways to fix it with earlier version of myth.

I'm sure your TV, being a 1920*1080 is recent enough to have a "full"
option that prevent overscan.