[mythtv-users] My system events don't seem to be working.....

David Day david.scott.day at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 02:50:03 UTC 2014

Subject: My system events don't seem to be working.....

I have a mythbackend running in my office, fed by an antenna on a rotor in
the attic.  There is one station (Fox Ch57 virtual, Ch48 real) which
requires
130deg, everything else are all fine pointing to 90deg.  The rotor has an
infrared controller which is located in the family room with our main TV.

I have set up lirc and a small script rotor.sh which does a good job of
controlling the rotor.

Now all I need is for Myth system events to work and I can teach the machine
to rotate to 130deg when a Ch57 recording is pending or when LiveTV is
started on Ch57.

I have installed a little test script in my ~/bin/ called Antenna.sh.
And I have set up events to trigger this shell script which right now only
prints a string into a file in my home directory, but I can see no evidence
whatsoever that Myth is attempting to call this script and I am at a loss
for what to do next.

I build Myth from source on Gentoo and everything has been really good
since 0.27.  Might there be dependencies I am missing?  I see no evidence
in any log files myth, /var/log/messages that Myth is even attempting to
run this script.

Thanks,
Dave