[mythtv-users] how does mythtv get the hauppauge hdprv 1212 to work reliably?

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Tue Jun 3 17:15:20 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 12:35 PM, Tom Horsley <horsley1953 at gmail.com> wrote:
> The web page http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Hauppauge_HD-PVR
> says: The HD-PVR previously had problems gracefully dealing
> with resolution changes but those issues have been fixed in
> MythTV.
>
> Can anyone tell me exactly how those issues were fixed?

I don't think they were fixed *in MythTV* unless I'm mistaken.  They
were fixed in the firmware.  Right from the link you provided above it
says:

Firmware Version Stability
[..]
Version 1.7.1, dated March 25, 2012, stability is 'much improved'.
Previous versions would not handle the input signal switching its
resolution making it hard to use reliably in MythTV. 1.7.1 now it
rides right through without exiting the recording!

> On a related note, are there release notes anywhere
> for the different versions of the firmware? My box
> came with 0x18 on it, and I wonder if the newer version
> that is available would be worth installing?

Yes, I definitely recommend that.  You also need to have the Linux
kernel at 3.3 or later.

Eric