[mythtv-users] Zotac ION hardware going bad?

Will Dormann wdormann at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 16:54:17 UTC 2014

On 6/1/14, 7:18 AM, Doug Lytle wrote:
> Robin Gilks wrote:
>> Jun  1 21:09:48 zotac kernel: irq 22: nobody cared (try booting with the
>> "irqpoll" option)
>
> Have you tried doing the above?

I've had the same thing with my ION since upgrading to either 12.04 or
14.04.  (Both happened within months of eachother, so it's not clear
which is responsible).   Once I see this in my logs, the video becomes
very choppy until I reboot.  From what I recall, I think it happens
under heavy load.

I haven't seen the problem since modifying:
/etc/default/grub:GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash irqpoll"
and running update-grub.

Since the problem happened so infrequently, I can't be 100% sure that it
fixed the problem.  But it seems to be fine now.

-WD