[mythtv-users] sometimes livetv starts with blank screen

Kevin Johnson iitywygms at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 17:03:53 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 9:48 AM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hoi Kevin,
>

>  Could it be the network connection between the two is instable?
> Cable, switch, networkcard, either one of them.
>

> Tot mails,
>   Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com
>
> "Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
> Zonder leven is er geen hoop
> Het eeuwige dilemma
> Zeker als je hoop moet vernietigen om te kunnen overleven!"
>
> De lerende Mens

I don’t believe it is a network connectivity issue because I can watch any
recordings without issue.
I can stream movies and use the internet as well.
It is hard to explain what exactly what happens.

Start live tv.  The tuner name shows on the screen.  The channel/show
information does not show up and the live picture does not start.
I press guide.  Select a channel using the guide.  Then the live tv picture
starts.  But the channel is not the one I choose from the guide.  It is the
channel which that tuner is specified to start on.
If I again bring up the guide and choose a different channel, then the
whole thing freezes.

I suppose I should do a backtrace and post up that information?