[mythtv-users] sometimes livetv starts with blank screen

Kevin Johnson iitywygms at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 03:24:10 UTC 2014

Hi All:

Mythbuntu 12.04

Sometimes, maybe once a day, when I start livetv the screen is blank.  It
does show the tuner name on the screen but nothing shows as far as picture.
If I pull up the guide and select a channel it starts a live tv show, but
the show that is displaying is not the one that I selected.  It is the show
that the tuner is set to start on.  Then if I try to change the channel
again it just freezes.

The backend is
2:0.27.3+fixes.20140729.5e37f9c

Frontend
2:0.27.4~candidates.20140719.14

I see nothing in the frontend logs.
The backend has this.

Jul 30 20:08:37 mythbackend mythbackend: mythbackend[3243]: E TVRecEvent
recorders/recorderbase.cpp:206 (SetStrOption) RecBase[1](131968AB-0):
SetStrOption(...recordingtype): Option not in profile.

Any ideas?