[mythtv-users] Comcast changed my schedule lineup. How do I see the change with MythTV?

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Sun Jul 27 21:34:08 UTC 2014

On 07/27/2014 09:30 AM, R. G. Newbury wrote:
> On 26/07/14 08:20 PM, Dick Steffens wrote:
>> I went into the backend setup and did the "Scan for Channels" on
>> each of the three tuners in my HDHR Prime.
>
> I think this was the mistake. You are only supposed to use 'Scan for
> Channels' for OTA lineups. Otherwise use 'Fetch'
>

>> I watched it run through ATSC
>> channels 2 through 69.
>
> This is the give-away. You probably have way more than 68 channels
> available.

Each of those ATSC channels can hold more than one actual TV channel.
Most of the higher numbered ones are empty on my system.

>  When I click on "Fetch channels from listings
>> source" it looks like nothing's happening. Then the screen dims for a
>> second or two and returns to normal brightness. There's no indication
>> that anything actually happened.
>
> If you Alt-Tab to the console window in which you started mythtv-setup
> you can see a little more about the progress that is being made,
>
> Your best bet is to start again. First back up the database, Second,
> check that the lineup on the SD website is correct.

This was my real problem, as I explained in my most immediately recent
post. The lineup on SD was not correct because I had not edited it to
activate the new channel.

> Then in mythtv-setup, delete all your tuner cards (since they are now
> improperly defined in the db).

Wasn't necessary. They were properly defined. It's just that what they
received was incomplete because I hadn't done what I needed to do at SD.

Thanks for your thoughts, though.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens