[mythtv-users] Comcast changed my schedule lineup. How do I see the change with MythTV?

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Sun Jul 27 00:20:40 UTC 2014

Environment is Ubuntu 12.04 (stock) running MythTV 27.something. HD
Homerun Prime -- the one with three tuners. Schedules Direct info:
Provider:Comcast Portland Regional, Type:CableDigital, Zip:97045,
Lineup:OR36458:X

Comcast changed the channel lineup for Portland, OR. It looks like the
only change that affects me is that they moved Animal Planet HD from
channel 743 to 805. They put a Bloomberg something or other on 743, but
it's not one my service level receives.

A nice fellow from Schedules Direct gave me instructions to follow to
change the lineup on the Schedules Direct end:

> If you are using the XML service and do not see the changes, click the
> "Re-Add All Lineups" hyperlink on the Schedules Direct website to
> refresh the channels in your account and then edit your lineup at the
> web site to enable the new channels.  Once you’ve done that, refresh the
> lineup in your application.

I did the part on their end. I don't know what I'm missing on the MythTV
end. I went into the backend setup and did the "Scan for Channels" on
each of the three tuners in my HDHR Prime. I watched it run through ATSC
channels 2 through 69. When I click on "Fetch channels from listings
source" it looks like nothing's happening. Then the screen dims for a
second or two and returns to normal brightness. There's no indication
that anything actually happened.

When I exit the backend setup I allow mythfilldatabase to run. But when
I start the front end and try to tune channel 805 it doesn't think
there's anything there. I can tune 799 and step up one channel at a
time, but 805 isn't there. I don't remember which low number 800 is the
last one present, but it goes from that one to 806.

What step did I miss?

Is there a way to confirm what I did at the Schedules Direct website did
what it was supposed to do?

Fortunately, most of the lineup stayed the same, so I can still record
the other stuff I'm used to watching, and I can get the low def version
of Animal Planet. But I'd like to be able to get the HD version. And I'd
like to know how to properly get the correct lineup associated with the
backend so that when Comcast makes another lineup change I'll know how
to fix it.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

--
Regards,