[mythtv-users] partial lock with hdhr3-cc

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Fri Jul 25 20:59:09 UTC 2014

> However, I wonder if mythtv-setup isn't also at fault, because
> it lets one configure an hdhr3-cc tuner by ip address alone--without
> warning that an undiscovered hdhr will not be configured properly?
> I have added a note to the wiki page about this.
>

> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Silicondust_HDHomeRun_Prime#Initial_Checkout_and_Activation
>
> I spent a good deal of time chasing down red-herring errors from the
> backend logs.

I don't know that I would blame mythtv-setup because something completely
unrelated caused an issue.  Do you blame Firefox for not warning you when
your router is misconfigured?

Honestly, your note in the wiki is completely pointless.  Just a few steps
before it, they do a discover... which would imply that nothing is
blocking, or it would not have returned the IP address in the first place.

I guess the moral of your story is, if you run a firewall, you need to
update it if your network configuration changes.  Which, when you think
about it, is really pretty obvious.  I completely appreciate your
frustration though, I doubt there is anyone on this list that hasn't wasted
days of their lives on boneheaded oversights like this.