[mythtv-users] Audio starts before video on some recordings

Jesse Hughes jesse at phiwumbda.org
Fri Jul 25 02:16:38 UTC 2014

Hello.

I have two HD-PVRs and I'm having an odd effect with recordings from one
of the two.

On some, but not all, recordings, I hear the audio begin about half a
second or more before the video.  The video often starts in a kind of
slow motion when this happens.  As a result, the audio is far ahead of
the video during playback.

This occurs in both HD and SD recordings.  However, and this is the
kicker, the problem is not in the recording itself!  If I play back the
recording using mplayer, the audio and video are synced.

I'm bumfuzzled.  Please let me know what diagnostic information is helpful.