[mythtv-users] 0.27.3 live tv aspect issues

Al Bates d2a at lineone.net
Wed Jul 23 09:08:14 UTC 2014

> This branch is non destructive. It is fully forward/backward compatible
> with a standard 0.27 branch.
>
> Using Ubuntu is the easiest, because I've built the packages already
> You can easily revert to the previous version at anytime.

thanks for this - due to my ignorance it took a while to understand/find the details of how to do this. if i understand correctly:

i add your repo (as per instructions at http://www.avenard.org/files/ubuntu-repos/ )

i.e. deb http://www.avenard.org/files/ubuntu-repos precise release (i'm on 13.10)

then sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade to install branch versions?

then if and when i choose to revert, remove repo, but how to drop back to standard branch? is it a case of backing up the database, removing myth and reinstalling? apologies again for my ignorance