[mythtv-users] Live Tv stalls. Again

Kevin Johnson iitywygms at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 04:54:14 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 8:08 PM, Kevin Johnson <iitywygms at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 8:02 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 22 July 2014 14:07, Kevin Johnson <iitywygms at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Would upgrading the frontend cause this?
>> > Should I upgrade the backend even thou I do not see any error messages
>> in
>> > the logs?
>>
>> you would need to run the backend with -v file to see anything of
>> interest. which by default isn't.
>>
>> What you are seeing is typically occurring when you have a bottleneck
>> somewhere between your capture card and your frontend.
>> That can be slow network card, slow backend, slow hard drive etc...
>>
> Okay I will check those things.   I had not made any changes to anything
> other that upgrading the frontends to the latest version.  I did go from
> 12.04 to 14.04 on one frontend but this stall is occurring on both
> frontends.

Well I got some errors on the backend now.  Guess I overlooked them before.

Jul 21 21:46:07 mythbackend mythbackend: mythbackend[1338]: I
ProcessRequest mainserver.cpp:1436 (HandleAnnounce) MainServer::ANN Playback
Jul 21 21:46:07 mythbackend mythbackend: mythbackend[1338]: I
ProcessRequest mainserver.cpp:1438 (HandleAnnounce) adding: g430 as a
client (events: 0)
Jul 21 21:46:07 mythbackend mythbackend: mythbackend[1338]: I
ProcessRequest mainserver.cpp:1554 (HandleAnnounce)
MainServer::HandleAnnounce FileTrans$
Jul 21 21:46:07 mythbackend mythbackend: mythbackend[1338]: I
ProcessRequest mainserver.cpp:1556 (HandleAnnounce) adding: g430 as a
remote file transf$
Jul 21 21:46:52 mythbackend mythbackend: mythbackend[1338]: W
ProcessRequest ringbuffer.cpp:1224 (WaitForReadsAllowed)
RingBuf(/D2/livetv/1706_2014072$
Jul 21 21:47:01  mythbackend: last message repeated 138 times

I will remove this drive from the livetv storage group and see if that does
anything.

I have checked the network best I can and have not seen anything that
indicates a bottleneck.