[mythtv-users] Fwd: Video Frame Buffering fails too many times

Richard Brook byronf16 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 11:18:29 UTC 2014

Rich Brook
byronf16 at gmail.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Richard Brook <byronf16 at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 7:00 AM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Video Frame Buffering fails too many times
To: Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com>

Hardware wise, my PC has not changed in years. I have used used various
versions of MythTv and Ubuntu, successfully, in the past, because Windows
Vista was terrible. When Windows 7 came out, I put Ubuntu in the back
burner. When 14.04 came out, I decided to look at Ubuntu again. I installed
the latest version of MythTv and the ppa's to keep it updated. I wasn't
having the video frame buffering issue until recently. I thought perhaps
one of the daily updates was the cause, but I do not know how to debug it.
I do not have an HD antenna to receive Over the Air channels. I doubt that
Scify channel comes Over the Air.