[mythtv-users] Smart says Unable to register ATA device

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 13:10:30 UTC 2014

On Sat, Jul 19, 2014 at 11:56 AM, jacek burghardt <jaceksburghardt at gmail.com
> wrote:

> So your motherboard does no support kvm ? I guess you have to use hdparm
> smartools  to test the drive in question
>

> On Sat, Jul 19, 2014 at 8:41 AM, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Ok...looks like my smartd monitoring failed to restart at a reboot and
>> here I am away from my system and it looks like one of my drives storage
>> drives might be dead.
>>
>> "Unable to register ATA device"
>>
>> It still shows up in df -H.
>>
>> Is there anything I can do remotely that can see what's what? I know in
>> the past I've temporarily lost a drive and that was fixed by a hard power
>> down and some kybd input at reboot. But what can I do while I'm away to see
>> if that's the case?
>>
>> Thanks.

Just checked and it does look like it supports KVM but it's not currently
enabled in the BIOS, so I guess my backend will have to wait till I'm home.
Just curious...no nothing about KVM. Will it function ok on a 2Gig RAM
combined FE/BE.

Doing some checks it looks like the superblock cannot be read. It's an XFS
formatted drive.

Thanks.