[mythtv-users] Delete + Rerecord

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jul 17 18:58:41 UTC 2014

On 07/17/2014 02:51 PM, Karl Newman wrote:
> Thanks, Paul. Mythweb uses DELETE_RECORDING as well (and the recording
> is successfully deleted), but then follows it with FORGET_RECORDING.
> Looks like the code just needs to be changed to add the "FORGET"
> parameter to the DELETE_RECORDING command. So it looks like that
> should be an easy fix, but I don't see any replacement for
> FORGET_RECORDING, so the "Forget Old" button in mythweb won't work
> without deleting the recording. Not ideal.

FORGET_RECORDING should still work.  Delete followed by forget is fine,
too (assuming forget works), so MythWeb wouldn't need to change to use
the delete command with the forget argument.

If FORGET_RECORDING is broken, time would be best spent fixing it
instead of putting a workaround inside MythWeb (especially if that
workaround only works when also deleting a recording).

Mike