[mythtv-users] Metadata Now Writing 1x1 to DB when it can't find a match

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Wed Jul 16 14:39:21 UTC 2014

On 16.07.2014 16:02, David Linville wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 7:02 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com
> <mailto:jyavenard at gmail.com>> wrote:
>     I'm sure TVDB will get updated very quickly and often then
>
> One thing to note is that TVDB policies can prevent users from
> correcting data.  One obvious example is the ban on any sports.  Another
> example is the very famous 40+ year old PBS show Masterpiece Theater
> that should be in Season 44 but was locked at season 40.  This is the
> cause of the [4417] episode someone above reported.  There is no way for
> any US user to pull accurate metadata for that show.
>
> It would be great if in the metadata cleanup there was a simple way to
> fallback on generic coverart in these type cases.  Maybe just a jpg
> somewhere that matches the series title as the absolute last fallback?
>
> Locked Masterpiece Theater: http://thetvdb.com/?id=78257&tab=series
> <http://thetvdb.com/?id=78257&tab=series>
> TVDB forum thread enforcing lock:
> http://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10536
> <http://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10536>

Feel free to provide input wrt one episode being part of many series
(appears to be common for documentaries) over at themoviedb, they are
looking into that topic right now.
http://www.themoviedb.org/talk/539768370e0a266dc5009e4a

Then once they start having more languages then english available (sadly
they only imported the english series/titles) a grabber for the tv
sections over at themoviedb start to become generally useful.

Regards,
Karl

PS: Feel free to weight in on topics like "alternate episode titles" and
"alternate season titles", too.
e.g. "Jane Doe Number 38" vs. "Jane Doe #38"