[mythtv-users] Can I set the "About to record" warning to longer than 5 seconds?

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Mon Jul 14 15:13:17 UTC 2014

On 13/07/14 07:17 PM, Matt Emmott wrote:
> I've been watching the Harry Potter marathon on tv today and several
> times have been interrupted by Mythtv switching to other channels for
> scheduled recordings. I often miss the popup that asks if I want to
> switch channels or stay on this one, because it's only a five second
> warning. Is there a configuration option to set it to something longer?
> Say, 30 seconds or something?

I am running a git master version about 2 months old, and I get a 25
second warning.

The warning is triggered, in the source code at:

mythtv/libs/libmythtv/tv_play.cpp:1825:void
TV::ShowOSDAskAllow(PlayerContext *ctx)

and it appears that the timeout is a parameter passed to the call:

void TV::ShowOSDAskAllow(PlayerContext *ctx)
{
     QMutexLocker locker(&askAllowLock);
     if (!ctx->recorder)
         return;

     uint cardid = ctx->GetCardID();

     QString single_rec =
         tr("MythTV wants to record \"%1\" on %2 in %d seconds. "
            "Do you want to:");

At this point, the phone rang, and I gave up back-tracing into
PlayerContext.

Geoff
              R. Geoffrey Newbury