[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu backup and restore screwed me

Gerald Brandt gbr at majentis.com
Wed Jul 9 14:57:41 UTC 2014

Hi,

This mormimg I reported an error with mysql and table instances.  I
fixed it, but it was recommended that I restore from a backup.

So, I went into mythbuntu-control-center and used it's backup-restore
tool.  I've been doing daily backups for years.  No problem.

I do a backup, just in case, and then I do a restore of yesterdays backup.

I have now lost YEARS of mythbuntu data.  The mythbuntu backups didn't
backup my databases, even though I told it to.  Yeah, yeah, I should
have verified the backups, but I didn't.  This is great.

I am not a happy man.  /var/lib/mysql/mythconverg is empty.  My
'backups' have this in them:

# tar -tf mythbuntu-system-backup_mythserver_20140708-1700_MBE_YESDB.tar

etc/mythtv/config.xml

etc/mythtv/mysql.txt

etc/lirc/lircd.conf

etc/lirc/hardware.conf

etc/hostname

etc/hosts

tmp/mythbuntu-bare/

tmp/mythbuntu-bare/mythconverg-1317-20140708170003.sql.gz

Is there a way I can at least save all my recordings?

--
Gerald Brandt
Majentis Technologies
gbr at majentis.com