[mythtv-users] Upgrade from 0.26 to 0.27 broke firewire

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 21:59:55 UTC 2014

On Sat, Jul 5, 2014 at 8:43 PM, DaveD <mythtv at guiplot.com> wrote:
> Conclusion:  mythbackend is at fault as recordings with cron and test-mpeg2
> work flawlessly (as long as I remember to pre-set the channel).  Any advice
> on what to try next to find the cause?

Since you have come to that conclusion, and have
a test case, you can now enjoy the source, and
use git bisect to determine the commit that
contributed to the issue(s).

Personally, I suspect that the kernel and other API
changes (from F17's ~3.8<mumble, to F20's
~3.14<mumble>) are likely contributors too, and
fortunately you have the source there too for your
git bisect work.