[mythtv-users] Rescan of video library broken in the last week?

Russell Gower mythtv at thegowers.me.uk
Fri Jul 4 21:18:47 UTC 2014

On 4 Jul 2014, at 22:01, Paul Wootton <pwootton at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4 Jul 2014, at 21:32, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> On 4 July 2014 23:47, Paul Wootton <pwootton at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>  I think that some time in the past week the scanning of the video library from a front-end has broken?   I have 2 fe's, one mbe and 3 sbe's.  All my video library content is on the sbe's, and accessed via storage groups.   If I do a Videos/Browse Videos/Scan for Changes all the content on the sbe's is removed, only the content on the mbe is left.
>>
>> The only way to explain the behaviour you are seeing is that your
>> slave backend itself is unable to see those files.
>>
>> Check that the SG are properly defined for your SBE, and that your SBE
>> has permission to access those folders/files and that it has the SG
>> location properly defined...
>
> I *can* play them, so I don't think there's an access/permissions problem; and the sg's are right.  For example I'm currently watching the Peter Gabriel Live in Athens listed earlier on as
>
> | 2014-07-04 19:15:44.984020 I Removing file SG(boris) :p-s/Peter_Gabriel_-_Live_In_Athens_(2013).mkv:
>
> The storage groups on boris are :
>
> mysql> select * from storagegroup where hostname='boris';
> +-----+-------------+----------+--------------------------------------+
> | id  | groupname   | hostname | dirname                              |
> +-----+-------------+----------+--------------------------------------+
> |  83 | Videos      | boris    | /storage/boris2/mythtv/movies/       |
> |  81 | Videos      | boris    | /storage/boris3/mythtv/tv/           |
> |  74 | Videos      | boris    | /storage/boris1/mythtv/tv/           |
> |  82 | Videos      | boris    | /storage/boris3/mythtv/movies/       |
> |  72 | Videos      | boris    | /storage/boris1/mythtv/movies/       |
> |  75 | Videos      | boris    | /storage/boris4/mythtv/movies/       |
> |  76 | Videos      | boris    | /storage/boris4/mythtv/tv/           |
> |  77 | Fanart      | boris    | /storage/boris1/mythtv/fanart/       |
> |  78 | Coverart    | boris    | /storage/boris1/mythtv/coverart/     |
> |  79 | Screenshots | boris    | /storage/boris1/mythtv/screenshots/  |
> |  80 | Banners     | boris    | /storage/boris1/mythtv/banners/      |
> |  84 | Videos      | boris    | /storage/boris2/mythtv/tv/           |
> |  96 | Default     | boris    | /var/lib/mythtv/recordings/          |
> | 103 | Videos      | boris    | /storage/boris5/mythtv/tv/           |
> | 104 | Videos      | boris    | /storage/boris5/mythtv/movies/       |
> 15 rows in set (0.00 sec)
>
> and it has world read permissions...
>
> ls -l /storage/boris1/mythtv/movies/p-s/Peter*
> -rw-r--r-- 1 paulw paulw 5214776960 Jan  8 18:33 /storage/boris1/mythtv/movies/p-s/Peter_Gabriel_-_Live_In_Athens_(2013).mkv

> [...]

I don’t know if it’s connected or even relevant but I’m going to throw it out there just in case, I’m running master so it may be even less relevant but i’ve noticed that the commit a couple of days ago to add the --checkrecordings function to mythutil says that all the recordings on my slave backend are missing even though I can play them back just fine on the front end via the myth:// protocol - from the limited debugging i’ve had time to do so far it seems that the master backend (where I’m running myhtutil) does’t even ask the slave backend about the recordings.

I plan on looking into this over the weekend but I’m still not 100% upto speed with the source tree, so may not get any where.

Regards
  Russell