[mythtv-users] Minimize frontend?

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 10:56:01 UTC 2014

Hoi Michael,

> On 06/30/2014 11:39 AM, airdrummer wrote:
>> Michael T. Dean wrote:

>>> Oh, and all that code would have to "properly" deal with people's doing "bad"
>>> things--like scaling the window to a 17:11 aspect when it's using a 16:9 theme
>>> or even scaling to an 11:17 ratio--whatever "properly" might be (and I'm sure
>> vlc does the right thing: image in 16:9 fitted into whatever window the user sets...

> The problem isn't playback--MythTV does the right thing for that,
> already (and has for years).  The problem is the theme/UI.  Some would
> complain that MythTV should stretch the theme (which may look OK with
> some), while others would say it should letterbox/pillarbox, and still
> others would say to "snap to" the closest proper-aspect size, and I'm
> sure others would find even other solutions.

> Mike

I can understand what you say about windowing and I agree very few
would use that. But minimising is another thing, where you don't have
to rebuild the screen. It would be handy on a not dedicated frontend.
That way you can easy access your background etc. without switching to
another VT.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven