[mythtv-users] 0.27.2 released

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 08:49:49 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 8:31 PM, Karl Dietz
<dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org> wrote:
> On 01.07.2014 09:44, Nick Rout wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 3:47 PM, John Marshall<mythtv at marshallparty.org>
>> wrote:

>>> I just got the update and love the new feature.  Thanks.
>>

>> This update seems to be causing problems with the xbmc frontend.
>>
>> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=198944&pid=1744858#pid1744858
>>
>> Any ideas why this would be?
>

> Meh, can't they start a thread per release? That "issues with 0.27.1" almost
> led me to dismiss the thread with an "update and reproduce"...
>
> I've glanced at the commits but nothing stood out.
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commits/fixes/0.27
>
> When "it crashes the backend when I xbmc" => show us your backtraces
> generic: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Debugging#Getting_a_Backtrace
> ubuntu: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Debugging#Ubuntu_packages
>
> For the general connection issues without crashes some logs that show
> messages related to the connection issues would be helpful. Maybe one can
> peek at the connection with Wireshark and see what's going on.
> There have been changes to the handling of the 0-byte recordings, so if that
> issue really is "it can't connect when I hit play" that might be related.

I have to say that the pvr.mythtv.cmyth addon has been rewritten as
pvr.mythtv using the myth services api instead of the cmyth library.
This should improve future compatibility. I think all those people in
the thread I pointed to are using cmyth.

I might try the new version against 0.27.2 but it will not be in the
next week I think.