[mythtv-users] Override CEC Bindinggs

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Fri Jan 31 21:02:12 UTC 2014

On 1/31/14, 3:57 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 01/31/2014 03:51 PM, Daniel Frey wrote:
>> My LG TV has an Enter button on it, however when I press the button,
>> the command is not being recognized by mythtv.
>>
>> I can verify that up/down, back & exit are working find.  I saw in
>> the wiki that in the global key bindings settings another user had to
>> override this same thing.
>>
>> When I go there and find the SELECT option, it is already mapped to
>> Enter, Return, and Space.  There is one spot left.  What else do I
>> need to map to it so that these button presses are recognized by
>> mythtv frontend?
>
> Go to the last slot and bind a key and press the button on your TV
> (remote?) and see what it puts there...
It's quite possible that there will be no keypress at all. LG TVs use a
non-standard variant of CEC and there have been reports of various
keypresses not working. From reading the Pulse-8 forums I know that the
Return key doesn't work, but I'm not sure about Select. (There's also no
way to power off my LG TV via CEC, but that's another story.)