[mythtv-users] Low end NUC as backend/frontend?

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Wed Jan 29 20:56:58 UTC 2014

On 29.01.2014 21:32, Greg Thompson wrote:
> Ok... Was looking around on TRAC and found this:
> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/1b16c65f465588a8991b730fb23ef0d1c61ed181/mythtv
>
> This sounds EXACTLY like my issue, and I am using the MythTV package
> from Xubuntu Repo's... Which I *think* may have been built before this
> was added to .27 fixes.
>
> So I am going to manually build .27 on the NUC and and see if it is any
> better!

As Xubuntu is a flavor of Ubuntu you could just add the 0.27 PPA...
http://www.mythbuntu.org/repos
"For instance, if you want to add the MythTV 0.27 repo you would do
"sudo apt-add-repository ppa:mythbuntu/0.27""

I'm not sure how it works in detail, but the other way round is
described on wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mythbuntu#Desktop

Regards,
Karl