[mythtv-users] MythArchive import failing if archived chanid isn't defined on local machine

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Wed Jan 29 14:13:51 UTC 2014

I have two independent FE/BE boxes, one with SL6 and one with Fedora 19,
both running local builds based on 0.27-fixes of a few days ago.  The
SL6 laptop, used mainly for tests, had a DVB-T2 capable tuner; the F19
was DVB-T only.  Attempts to import a DVB-T2 HD recording to F19 failed
partway through the mythutil --copyfile process.  I posted about this a
month ago.  A write error was reported but that was apparently because
nothing was returned by the preceding read. Then, after an unrelated
reboot, it sort-of worked.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/560260#560260

I've been having the same problem again.  Now the F19 box has the DVB-T2
tuner and I have rescanned with the aim of creating a usable chanid
structure;  but at present it has Channel number/chanid as 104/3104 and
the archive has 104/1104. File transfer still fails.

The UI shows suggested local values for these fields and for Channel
Name and Callsign.  At present attempts to change the offered chanid
3104 suggest 1104 but won't accept it and just hang.  I can probably
rescan my Video Sources in a different order to get a match, or perhaps
just define a matching dummy channel, but this looks like a bug.

..or am I doing something wrong?

John P