[mythtv-users] Freesat Tuner Problem

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Tue Jan 28 15:28:23 UTC 2014

On 28/01/14 14:43, Mick Sulley wrote:
> I have a TBS Dual DVB-S2 (TBS6981) High Definition Digital Satellite
> Tuner.  When I run backend setup I can see both channels and set up the
> Capture Cards but when I go to Input Connections and scan for channels
> the first channel has signal strength 74%, signal/noise 100% and finds
> plenty but the second channel has signal strength 46% signal/noise 0%
> and quickly reports Failed to find any channels.
>
> I have tried swapping the satellite cables and the problem remains with
> the second channel.  Is there anything else I can try or does this mean
> that the card is faulty?
>
> Thanks
> Mick

I haven't used DVB-S, but do you need to scan both?  Are they going to
be used with distinct source lists?

I can never remember the Myth vocabulary, but I would just scan once, in
the Channel Editor pages;  then you can try 'Prefer input n'
in the 'Schedule Recordings' menu and see how it goes.  Or, if you are
defining two sources, scan there with the appropriate source selected.

John P