[mythtv-users] Switching away from comcast to online streams

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Mon Jan 27 23:39:45 UTC 2014

I speak as a user - and I'm still on 0.24.1 ...

CACook at Quantum-Sci.com wrote:

> Do you know the meaning of a versioning system?  Decimal numbers less than 1 are Alpha versions.

No, that is just a common convention. The devs are free to use absolutely any coding system they like - I, II, III, IV, etc would be valid as well. Many packages do not follow the coding practice you seem to think is mandatory.

The only **essential** feature of a version coding system is that each version is uniquely labelled. It's is helpful if the coding system results in later versions naturally sorting after earlier ones (but that's not always the case), and some people use a coding system where different sections have semantic meaning.

> Have you looked at XBMC, Sage, WMC or any of the others lately?  Obviously Myth has not implemented any of their better features, and so either devs are in a coma, or it is beyond any of their comprehension.  I prefer to think the latter.

If you hate MythTV so much, why are you spending so much time moaning about it ? If you want to clear off then do so, if you want to improve things then try doing something positive to improve it.
While I'm only a user, even I am aware of some of the stuff that's been going on - including some major "under the hood" improvements which aren't visible but which lay the ground for feature enhancements.