[mythtv-users] Best Way to Run Commercial Detection Jobs Not On Master Backend

Drew Tomlinson drew at mykitchentable.net
Mon Jan 27 22:57:00 UTC 2014

On 1/27/2014 9:55 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 01/27/2014 12:50 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
>> Hoi Drew,
>>
>> There always is just one database, so set it to the ip or hostname of
>> your master! It needs the information in there!
>
> Exactly.  And the database hostname is allowed to be either a hostname
> or IP address.  It should generally be either localhost or 127.0.0.1
> on the host that's running the MySQL server instance and should be the
> addressible IP or resolvable hostname of the host that's running the
> MySQL server instance on all other hosts.
>
> Note that the "this server" and "master server" "IP address" settings
> /must/ be IP addresses (not host names) and are talking about
> mythbackend server host (not MySQL server).
Thank you for your replies.  My master backend (and where MySQL is) has
an IP of 192.168.1.26.  My slave is 192.168.1.17.  If I run mythtv-setup
on my slave backend, my only choices for local database are 192.168.1.17
or 127.0.0.1.  I cannot type directly in the field.  I can only choose
one of the two choices.  How do I put 192.168.1.26 in the local database
field?  Do I have to edit the MySQL table directly?  If so, which one?

I'm running 0.27 on mythbuntu on the slave if that makes any difference.

Thanks,

Drew

--
Like card tricks?