[mythtv-users] No Programs Listed in "Media Library"

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jan 27 20:00:29 UTC 2014

On 01/27/2014 02:32 PM, Tom Wheeler wrote:
> Yes, I am really talking about the list of recordings being totally
> empty when I go to Media Library -> Watch Recording. That is, the
> shows I have previously recorded do not show up there, despite being
> listed in the database and existing as files on disk.  I have twice
> experienced this problem in MythTV: originally while running 0.25 and
> once again after upgrading to 0.27. Both times occurred after I had
> rescanned for channels after changing my antenna setup.
>
> I don't know much about how MythTV works, and while I did think the
> idea about shadow channels should not affect past recordings, I
> figured I would follow the advice anyway. Perhaps what is truly
> relevant here is that after making the change, it ran
> 'mythfilldatabase' again and maybe that is what fixed it. With that in
> mind, I just reverted my change to the FAQ.

In that case, and because of the "RemoteGetRecordingList() list size
appears to be incorrect." message, I'd guess that there was some
corrupt/unhandled data in your channel data that, when channel
information was pulled in for display with your recordings, caused a
failure.  I'm not sure what exactly could cause that, but I'd (wild)
guess it could be something like a null character in a channel name or
call sign or something like that.  If so, it would be good to find out
exactly what was causing it so that we could write code to prevent such
bad data getting into the database.

Mike