[mythtv-users] Switching away from comcast to online streams

Stephen P. Villano stephen.p.villano at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 15:19:08 UTC 2014

On 1/27/14, 9:27 AM, Eric Sharkey wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 1:49 PM,  <CACook at quantum-sci.com> wrote:
>> That I alone am going to fork a project which has who-knows-how-many developers?
> Not including those who have only contributed small patches, probably
> a lot fewer than you imagine.
>
>> One that has so much legacy discordant code and patches-over-patches, that it can be compared with the Pentagon?
> The Pentagaon is a building, not code.  If you're trying to compare
> MythTV with the entire body of software used for all purposes by the
> U.S. department of defense, I think that that's a laughable
> comparison.  I can't tell if you're vastly overestimating the
> complexity of MythTV or vastly underestimating the complexity of
> government software.
>
> Eric

Or being just plain silly in regards to a large office building that has
many offices that happened, rather than were planned.*

*I was conversing with someone over that strange comment, the individual
mentioned how many believe the stories about the Pentagon being a maze.
That is somewhat true, but nowhere as bad as the stories make it out to be.
Even so, it's a bizarre comment that few would understand and fewer
could make a link to in regards to software. I'm guessing that he might
be calling MythTV code tangle code. That is an interesting allegation,
as that is not very close at all to the truth, to judge from what I've
read of MythTV code.
Discordant code, didn't realize that the code was musical! Yet another
bizarre reference.
Patches over patches. Well, if that condemns code, every operating
system and software package in the world is guilty, especially
commercial software!