[mythtv-users] Switching away from comcast to online streams

CACook at Quantum-Sci.com CACook at Quantum-Sci.com
Sun Jan 26 18:49:39 UTC 2014

On Sun, 26 Jan 2014 13:26:29 -0500
"Stephen P. Villano" <stephen.p.villano at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, if you have the skills as outlined in the first sentence, there
> is no reason you shouldn't be able to fork MythTV to your own
> satisfaction and fix any flaws you perceive present.
>
> As I've not been party to any conversations where you claim political
> reasons, I'll not comment there. The point is, it's an open source
> project. You can trivially fork it to your heart's content and make
> it into something different without a problem. So, to be blunt, all I
> see is piss and vinegar, finger pointing and a desire to ignore the
> law since you dislike it, rather than pressuring to change the law
> and abide by it. Overall, your way is not the best way to induce
> change. It is a great way to end up on the wrong end of a DMCA action.

So you pretend...  That I alone am going to fork a project which has who-knows-how-many developers?  One that has so much legacy discordant code and patches-over-patches, that it can be compared with the Pentagon?  That I don't have better things to do with my time than fix the Pentagon?

Shouldn't -I- be making these decisions, rather than you trying to bulldoze me into them?  With you trying to assert that what I am saying is not true and valid?  With you trying to bully down free speech because you are offended by the message?

Don't like these opinions, don't read them.  Tell yourself I am a minority of one.