[mythtv-users] UDEV rules

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 21:11:12 UTC 2014

On 01/25/2014 02:34 PM, Andrew C. (AFPup) Stadt wrote:

> Ok, so you've got the udev rules making the appropriate symlinks, you've verified that the 'mythtv' user is indeed a member of the video group,
> and the device nodes have the appropriate permissions (eg, read/writable by the video group).
>
> I guess that leaves a couple things: what exactly are you entering for the path to the device in mythtv-setup, and who are you running
> mythtv-setup as?  Are you logged in as the 'mythtv' user, or are you logged in as someone else?

I had a few minutes to test this and no, the rules are creating symlinks
to /dev/dvb/adapter0/net0 which is wrong. The link *must* be to frontend0
(or at least they were pointing to net0 last time Daryl posted them.)

Creating the symlinks manually, this will fail:

     sudo ln -s /dev/dvb/adapter0/net0 /dev/someName

and this will work:

     sudo ln -s /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 /dev/someOtherName

So the issue here is how to create a proper udev rule
that selects frontend0, not net0. I haven't had time
to find the proper key/value pair to correct this.

And, Daryl, I had to type the link names in manually, they
weren't available using the left and right arrows.

No need to delete the capture cards for this to work, just
edit the existing card.

--
Bill