[mythtv-users] sound on oem LR6611

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 21:50:47 UTC 2014

Hello Mythtv-users,

 I'm now for almost half a year working with MythTV 0.26 and mostly
 quit satisfied.
 Only the sound from my third analog capturecard keeps mystifying me.
 It's identified as a Leadtec Winfast TV 2000XP, pciID 14f1:8800/
 107d:6611, but is as far as I've found an oem version through Asus.
 The 8800 says it doesn't support dma-sound and cx88-alsa won't load.
 So I have it cabled to a secondary soundcard on the Aux port.
 I couldn't get sound in any program TV or radio, until I discovered
 the Aux channel on the sound card gets muted on opening TV or radio
 the first time.
 I now can get sound anywhere except in Mythtv. When I start live TV I
 get 1 second of sound through the capture audio card,... and then
 nothing. Clossing and reopening,... the same 1 second.
 All audio channels look OK and opening xawtv immediately after just
 gives sound.
 My pressent theory is that MythTV thinks there is a dma audio port,
 although then the pciID should be 14f1:8801, and on trying to
 activate it, it closes the cable connection to the audio card.

 Could anybody shed more light on this or how to solve this.

--
Tot Mails,
 Hika                          mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com
Mijn Mailadres is gewijzigd. Zie hierboven!

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop
Het eeuwige dilemma

De lerende Mens