[mythtv-users] mythcommflag prob (was How to transcode HD recording)

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Fri Jan 24 21:39:39 UTC 2014

On 23/01/14 23:53, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 23/01/14 09:44, John Pilkington wrote:
>

>> Noted, thanks,  I'll try a new build.
>>

> Patched build of 0.27-fixes is working fine for me.  I've updated the
> ticket.  Thank you!

The patched code works but the revised explanation seems to me to suffer
from too many and conflicting negatives.  I think this is clearer - and
probably explains what is happening:  :-)

+        // H.264 recordings from an HD-PVR contain IDR-keyframes,
+        // When these are present they are the only valid cut points +
        // for lossless cuts.
+        // DVB-S(2)/T(2) H.264 recordings typically do not contain
+        // IDR-keyframes & use non-IDR I-frames as keyframes.
+        // Initially we look for non-IDR I-frames.
+        // If we get far enough into the rebuild without having
+        // created any seektable entries, we assume that this
+        // setting is wrong, and so we rewind and
+        // look for IDR-keyframes as used by the HD-PVR.

Cheers,

John