[mythtv-users] Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1255 Model 22xx

Stephen Allen marathon.durandal at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 20:44:15 UTC 2014

Greetings.

Newbie to MythTV, presently using MMC and want to replace it with MythTV.

So, I dual booted with MythBuntu (most recent version) and it seems that out of
the box vanilla install doesn't recognize this tuner - at least that's what
MythTV is telling me "no tuner configured" and I've gone through the setup
wizard.

Do I need a special kernel for this Hybrid tuner? I have searched with Google,
but couldn't find anything regarding MythTV and my HVR-1255 only HVR-1250.

Thanks in advance.