[mythtv-users] Update libcec in ubuntu

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Thu Jan 23 15:17:43 UTC 2014

On 23/01/14 05:20, Mark Perkins wrote:

> I've not put much time into this but I have still been unable to get it to work correctly using either method. Looking in the config.ep file created at configure time I seem to be getting an error "error: 'LibCecInit' was not declared in this scope". I guess that means that the Pulse Eight version of libcec does not have a required function?
>
> I think the relevant snippet from config.ep is as follows:
>
> check_cxx -I/usr/local/include
> BEGIN /tmp/mythtv_conf.cerE6zZL.cpp
>      1   #include <libcec/cec.h>
>      2   #include <iostream>
>      3   using namespace std;
>      4   using namespace CEC;
>      5   #include <libcec/cecloader.h>
>      6   int main(void) {
>      7       if (CEC_LIB_VERSION_MAJOR < 1 || (CEC_LIB_VERSION_MAJOR == 1 &&
>      8                                         CEC_LIB_VERSION_MINOR < 5))
>      9           return 0;
>     10       return (long) LibCecInit;
>     11   }
> END /tmp/mythtv_conf.cerE6zZL.cpp
> ccache g++ -D_ISOC99_SOURCE -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=200112 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=200112 -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=600 -I/usr/local/include -c -o /tmp/mythtv_conf.tRrTzqh8.o /tmp/mythtv_conf.cerE6zZL.cpp
> /tmp/mythtv_conf.cerE6zZL.cpp: In function 'int main()':
> /tmp/mythtv_conf.cerE6zZL.cpp:10:19: error: 'LibCecInit' was not declared in this scope
>       return (long) LibCecInit;
>                     ^
>
> (Note in the config.ep file the up chevron on the final line is directly below the 'L' in LibCecInit, I guess email formatting is out a bit).
>
> I did a search in cec.h for "LibCecInit" and it was not found but I don't know if that is actually how things work or not. cecloader.h had references to "LibCecInitialise" if that has any relevance (probably not).
>
> Any suggestions appreciated.

That looks like some extremely dodgy code. Without delving into it, why would
you cast LibCecInit to a long when the function returns int? And, from the
context, I would guess that LibCecInit is supposed to be a function, which means
the brackets are missing from the call...

As I said, I haven't looked at the context so I'm prepared to be enlightened.

--

Mike Perkins